Equiton is a private equity firm that specializes in providing private market real estate-based investment offerings to Canadian investors.
The Associate, Private Capital Markets is a licensed Dealing Representative. The Dealing Representative is expected to be knowledgeable about Equiton product offerings, the investor subscription process, Exempt Market Dealer compliance regulations and requirements, and must have the ability to effectively assess investor suitability.
Equiton is seeking an ambitious self-starter with a high degree of energy, motivation and discipline to achieve sales success. You will be primarily responsible for developing new private client business from the investing public.
Successful candidates must also have a strong character with a desire to take care of investors and clients. The reputation of the firm with its partners, clients and regulators is paramount.
Successful candidates must be able to work out of Equiton’s head office in Burlington, ON.
Duties will include:
- Developing one’s pipeline of business through various sources and continuously working to grow one’s network of business.
- Growing a direct private client customer base and developing new opportunities with external business partners.
- Understanding client needs and transitioning them to the firm’s solutions and products.
- Achieving monthly sales targets.
- Developing an excellent understanding of approved investment products.
- Participating at corporate events as required.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent sales skills.
- Completion of or working towards the completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or the IFSE Exempt Market Proficiency Course.
- Strong client service skills and the ability to confidently handle client interactions.
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent business experience.
- 3-5 years+ experience in the financial industry or a related field like insurance.
- Knowledge of finance and investment sales.
- Strong network of clients and the ability to grow that network.
- High performance standards and ability to put the time in to achieve results.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to work hard and consistently improve.
- Desire to bring credible, proven, long term wealth solutions to clients.
- Competitive earning structure. Base salary plus sales commission.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer that values a culture that reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know, so that we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue will be contacted.