Founded in 2015, Equiton is a recognized leader in private equity real estate investments. Our exponential growth is a direct outcome of our team understanding how the industry works and how to create long-term wealth through real estate investing.
We’ve discovered that finding the right opportunities involves time, experience, and discipline. Our strategy is always forward-looking, anticipating trends and adapting our selection to strengthen our market position, capitalizing on value creation opportunities, and building the most robust portfolio possible for our investors. We attract exceptionally talented people and create an atmosphere that rewards initiative, independent thinking, and integrity.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Vice President, Acquisitions, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Acquisitions team on real estate property acquisitions for the firm. Types of properties will include: multi-residential apartments, commercial and industrial income producing properties, as well as, properties for development projects. The Analyst, Acquisitions is responsible for preparing financial models, contributing to the due diligence process, and preparing investment committee packages for potential acquisitions.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and analyze potential acquisitions, developments, partnerships using Excel and Argus
- Assist in the due diligence process and preparation of investment reports and presentation materials
- Maintain weekly deal pipeline chart Obtain and review Information Memorandums from Brokers or Vendors
- Maintain files, system access, and documentation requirements for new acquisitions
- Maintain due diligence checklists and follow upon the completeness of the checklist for each transaction based on timelines
- Obtain quotes and arrange site visits for third party consultant reviews
- Conduct detailed macro and micro market research on existing markets.
- Monitor new trends in the industry and assess potential impacts on the real estate portfolio.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced user of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Experience with Argus is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate to both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytic and financial skills, self-motivated and driven, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Positive and collaborative attitude.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction as well as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently and multi-task
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Real Estate, Finance or Accounting
- 2 + years of experience in real estate or related industries
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer that values a culture that reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know, so that we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue will be contacted.