Associate, Private Capital Markets
Equiton is a private equity firm that specializes in providing private market real estate-based investment offerings to Canadian investors.
The Associate, Private Capital Markets is a licensed Dealing Representative. The Dealing Representative is expected to be knowledgeable about Equiton product offerings, the investor subscription process, Exempt Market Dealer compliance regulations and requirements, and must have the ability to effectively assess investor suitability.
Equiton is seeking an ambitious self-starter with a high degree of energy, motivation and discipline to achieve sales success. You will be primarily responsible for developing new private client business from the investing public.
Successful candidates must also have a strong character with a desire to take care of investors and clients. The reputation of the firm with its partners, clients and regulators is paramount.
Successful candidates must be able to work out of Equiton’s head office in Burlington, ON.
Duties will include:
- Developing one’s pipeline of business through various sources and continuously working to grow one’s network of business.
- Growing a direct private client customer base and developing new opportunities with external business partners.
- Understanding client needs and transitioning them to the firm’s solutions and products.
- Achieving monthly sales targets.
- Developing an excellent understanding of approved investment products.
- Participating at corporate events as required.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent sales skills.
- Completion of or working towards the completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or the IFSE Exempt Market Proficiency Course.
- Strong client service skills and the ability to confidently handle client interactions.
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent business experience.
- 3-5 years+ experience in the financial industry or a related field like insurance.
- Knowledge of finance and investment sales.
- Strong network of clients and the ability to grow that network.
- High performance standards and ability to put the time in to achieve results.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to work hard and consistently improve.
- Desire to bring credible, proven, long term wealth solutions to clients.
- Competitive earning structure. Base salary plus sales commission.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer that values a culture that reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know, so that we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue will be contacted.
At Equiton, you’ll be joining a team defined by its experience, integrity, dedication and results. Your dedication, entrepreneurial spirit and hard work will be rewarded in the short and long term. We know that in order to deliver for our clients, we have to deliver for our employees. We’re all in this together.
Expectations & Rewards
This is a demanding and challenging environment. We have high expectations for every member of our team. Those who can deliver will receive rewards that correspond to their efforts.
At Equiton, you will be joining a determined and dedicated team of entrepreneurial professionals committed to serving our clients and generating long-term value.
Culture of Success
We are invested in our employees’ careers, and provide the support and incentives necessary to ensure everyone is set up for both short- and long-term success.
Principles mean something here. They are what set us apart from others. They are the reason we are successful today, and why we will be in the future. We live and breathe these principles every single day, and encourage everyone that joins our team to share our belief in their value – to our customers, and to each other.
An open and honest relationship is the only way to build trust. Transparency, fairness and respect are the cornerstones of our culture.
One of the many ways that Equiton is different is our entrepreneurial spirit. We are always looking for new opportunities and innovative ways to build wealth for our clients.
We take a hands-on approach to our investments, taking the time to do our homework, and fully understand everything about our assets and the markets in which they are located.
Every member of our team is dedicated to achieving excellence in everything we do. From the smallest details to major real estate investments, we are true professionals.
We’re stronger together, regularly sharing our years of experience and range of knowledge in a team environment in order to achieve better results for our clients.
Everything we do is driven by a simple goal: to deliver the best investment results possible for every single one of our clients.