Accounts Payable and Receivable Administrator (AP/AR Administrator)
Equiton is an independent, full-service exempt market dealer, portfolio manager and investment fund manager. We specialize in private capital markets with a focus on providing high-quality private capital market and alternative investments. Our goal is to provide exemplary service through open, honest, and transparent communication. We aim to promote trust and respect among our employees, investment providers, partners, and investors. We help educate and empower investors to make strong financial decisions. We strive to build and maintain an excellent reputation through a team of trusted advisors who care about their clients and hold the highest standards for professionalism, integrity, and ethics. We attract exceptionally talented people and create an atmosphere that rewards initiative, independent thinking, and integrity.
About the Role:
The Accounting, Financial Reporting and Analysis team plays a critical role in the financial reporting of Equiton Group financial statements, the development and implementation of accounting and financial policy guidelines, and the support of investment initiatives and structures.
The AP/AR Administrator will assist with the accounting, reporting and day to day operations of Equiton’s properties under management.
This position will collaborate with various teams and work closely with the Senior Property Accountant, suppliers, the Property Management Team and the Residential Managers to ensure we apply best practices and methodologies in accounting and financial reporting.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, has a strong commitment to deadlines and the team, is detail and process oriented with a high sense of ownership in their work, with superior analytical and communication skills.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for processing corporate and property related invoices in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist with financial reports, records, and general ledgers.
- Assist managers with invoicing and coding receipts requirements.
- Perform utility and expense analysis as required.
- Work closely with the property management team to book month-end accruals for open Purchase Orders.
- Assist vendors/suppliers with payment questions or payment status.
- Prepare weekly Aged A/R and A/P reports and be available to assist departments responsible.
- Process daily deposits and update the tenant ledgers.
- Reconcile daily bank activity as it relates to A/R and A/P and the properties.
- Special Projects as required
- Ad hoc responsibilities as required.
- Collaboration and Customer Service: You are approachable and supportive of team members, internal and external customers and go above and beyond normal duties to make the team and Equiton successful.
- Driving for Results in an Innovative way: You can be counted on to meet and exceed goals, and steadfastly move self and others towards results. You support change, generate new and improved ideas, has a creative problem-solving approach and encourage initiative.
- Analytical and Forward thinking: You tackle problems by using a logical, systematic and sequential approach, anticipating problems and contingency plans in advance.
- Communication: Clear, concise, and directly communicate ideas, information and directions both verbally and in writing.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or other relevant technical discipline with a minimum of 1-2 years of experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Yardi and related systems.
- Genuinely curious with a desire to understand key metrics and drivers.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer that values a culture that reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know, so that we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue will be contacted.
At Equiton, you’ll be joining a team defined by its experience, integrity, dedication and results. Your dedication, entrepreneurial spirit and hard work will be rewarded in the short and long term. We know that in order to deliver for our clients, we have to deliver for our employees. We’re all in this together.
Expectations & Rewards
This is a demanding and challenging environment. We have high expectations for every member of our team. Those who can deliver will receive rewards that correspond to their efforts.
At Equiton, you will be joining a determined and dedicated team of entrepreneurial professionals committed to serving our clients and generating long-term value.
Culture of Success
We are invested in our employees’ careers, and provide the support and incentives necessary to ensure everyone is set up for both short- and long-term success.
Principles mean something here. They are what set us apart from others. They are the reason we are successful today, and why we will be in the future. We live and breathe these principles every single day, and encourage everyone that joins our team to share our belief in their value – to our customers, and to each other.
An open and honest relationship is the only way to build trust. Transparency, fairness and respect are the cornerstones of our culture.
One of the many ways that Equiton is different is our entrepreneurial spirit. We are always looking for new opportunities and innovative ways to build wealth for our clients.
We take a hands-on approach to our investments, taking the time to do our homework, and fully understand everything about our assets and the markets in which they are located.
Every member of our team is dedicated to achieving excellence in everything we do. From the smallest details to major real estate investments, we are true professionals.
We’re stronger together, regularly sharing our years of experience and range of knowledge in a team environment in order to achieve better results for our clients.
Everything we do is driven by a simple goal: to deliver the best investment results possible for every single one of our clients.