Social Media Manager and Copywriter
Founded in 2015, Equiton is a recognized leader in private equity real estate investments. Our exponential growth is a direct outcome of our team understanding how the industry works and how to create long-term wealth through real estate investing.
We’ve discovered that finding the right opportunities involves time, experience, and discipline. Our strategy is always forward-looking, anticipating trends and adapting our selection to strengthen our market position, capitalizing on value creation opportunities, and building the most robust portfolio possible for our investors. We attract exceptionally talented people and create an atmosphere that rewards initiative, independent thinking, and integrity.
About the Position:
We are looking for an experienced Social Media Manager and Copywriter who will be responsible for overseeing the firm’s social media pages and creating content for a variety of audiences, such as the public, clients, and financial advisors. Content will include social medial posts, blogs, informational and white papers, corporate publications, news releases, website content, marketing/advertising and published articles. Experience with writing in the field of Finance and/or real estate would be ideal.
Successful candidates must have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in social media management, preferably in Financial Services and be available to work at the company’s head office in Burlington, ON.
Develop appropriate social media strategy for different target markets, track and optimize performance.
- Work cross-functionally to craft compelling, relevant, and unique content customized for each social platform (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) as well as email and marketing campaigns.
- Analyze and optimize social media posts (language, tone, message) based on our target audience’s behaviors.
- Ensure all content is up to brand standards and industry best practices.
- Track and report on social media insights (traffic, engagement, shares, conversion rates).
- Write and assist in the creation of various content including news/press releases, informational documents such as blogs, white papers, articles in financial publications, website copy and corporate guides.
- Be able to effectively communicate and distill advanced industry concepts into engaging and relatable content that is action oriented.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines.
- Produce consistent and error-free content that adheres to the company’s high standards.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position (financial or real estate experience an asset).
- Degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or relevant field.
- Solid understanding of online copywriting and how it impacts search engine optimization.
- Demonstrated experience in Marketing Analytics and program optimization.
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills – operates with tact, diplomacy, and integrity.
- Anticipatory, proactive, and responsive – thinks ahead and plans accordingly with minimal guidance.
- Strong work ethic and team player – trustworthy, capable, and reliable.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growth environment.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer that values a culture that reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know, so that we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue will be contacted.
At Equiton, you’ll be joining a team defined by its experience, integrity, dedication and results. Your dedication, entrepreneurial spirit and hard work will be rewarded in the short and long term. We know that in order to deliver for our clients, we have to deliver for our employees. We’re all in this together.
Expectations & Rewards
This is a demanding and challenging environment. We have high expectations for every member of our team. Those who can deliver will receive rewards that correspond to their efforts.
At Equiton, you will be joining a determined and dedicated team of entrepreneurial professionals committed to serving our clients and generating long-term value.
Culture of Success
We are invested in our employees’ careers, and provide the support and incentives necessary to ensure everyone is set up for both short- and long-term success.
Principles mean something here. They are what set us apart from others. They are the reason we are successful today, and why we will be in the future. We live and breathe these principles every single day, and encourage everyone that joins our team to share our belief in their value – to our customers, and to each other.
An open and honest relationship is the only way to build trust. Transparency, fairness and respect are the cornerstones of our culture.
One of the many ways that Equiton is different is our entrepreneurial spirit. We are always looking for new opportunities and innovative ways to build wealth for our clients.
We take a hands-on approach to our investments, taking the time to do our homework, and fully understand everything about our assets and the markets in which they are located.
Every member of our team is dedicated to achieving excellence in everything we do. From the smallest details to major real estate investments, we are true professionals.
We’re stronger together, regularly sharing our years of experience and range of knowledge in a team environment in order to achieve better results for our clients.
Everything we do is driven by a simple goal: to deliver the best investment results possible for every single one of our clients.