Manager, Budgets, Forecast and Reporting
Equiton is an independent, full-service exempt market dealer, portfolio manager and investment fund manager. We specialize in private capital markets with a focus on providing high-quality private capital market and alternative investments. Our goal is to provide exemplary service through open, honest, and transparent communication. We aim to promote trust and respect among our employees, investment providers, partners, and investors. We help educate and empower investors to make strong financial decisions. We strive to build and maintain an excellent reputation through a team of trusted advisors who care about their clients and hold the highest standards for professionalism, integrity, and ethics. We attract exceptionally talented people and create an atmosphere that rewards initiative, independent thinking, and integrity.
About the Role:
The Accounting & Financial Reporting team plays a critical role in the financial reporting of Equiton Group financial statements, the development and implementation of accounting and financial policy guidelines, and the support of investment initiatives and structures.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Manager, Budgets and Reporting will complete monthly forecasting and analysis across all entities, prepare annual corporate budgets, work with external auditors to compile annual financial statements, be involved in special projects and implement updated accounting guidelines.
This position will collaborate with various teams including acquisitions, properties management, portfolio investment management, marketing and compliance to ensure we apply best practices and methodologies in acquisitions, budgets and forecasts and reporting.
The successful candidate must have solid communication, excel, technology, analytical and time management skills. Candidates should possess strong knowledge of IFRS and forecast modelling.
- Complete monthly forecasting of financial results for corporate entities, Limited Partnerships & Trusts.
- Lead annual budgeting process for corporate entities, Limited Partnerships & Trusts.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles & develop effective internal controls
- Perform monthly valuations analysis for existing properties and coordinate with outside valuators when applicable.
- Assistance in developing and maintaining proper documentation of financial reporting processes and controls including workflows, source of information, frequency, and purpose of the processes.
- Work closely with other groups to review and analyze supporting data and schedules and seek ways to improve current reporting efficiency and accuracy, as well as related processes and controls to generate financial reporting
- Assist in implementing a process to record transactions by department and compare costs incurred to budget and performance analysis of profit centers.
- Assistance in month end close processes. This includes assistance in the preparation of workpapers supporting the monthly close process and month end balances.
- Prepare annual IFRS financial statements and related financial note disclosures.
- Execute the journal entry recording of asset management, incentive fees, acquisition, disposition and other fees monthly, quarterly, annually in accordance with the respective agreements.
- Preparation of quarterly Trustee Board Reports for all Trust Funds.
- Ad hoc responsibilities as required.
- CPA designation
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in finance/accounting
- Experience with forecasts and budgets and financial modelling
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
Communication skills: You have excellent communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely.
Collaboration and Customer Service: You are approachable and supportive of internal and external customers and take pride in your work, while always striving to make Equiton successful.
Goal and Results Oriented: You can be counted on to meet and exceed goals, and steadfastly move self and others towards results. You support change, generate new and improved ideas, has a creative problem-solving approach and encourage initiative.
Analytical and Forward Thinking: You tackle problems by using a logical, systematic and sequential approach, anticipating problems and contingency plans.
At Equiton, you’ll be joining a team defined by its experience, integrity, dedication and results. Your dedication, entrepreneurial spirit and hard work will be rewarded in the short and long term. We know that in order to deliver for our clients, we have to deliver for our employees. We’re all in this together.
Expectations & Rewards
This is a demanding and challenging environment. We have high expectations for every member of our team. Those who can deliver will receive rewards that correspond to their efforts.
At Equiton, you will be joining a determined and dedicated team of entrepreneurial professionals committed to serving our clients and generating long-term value.
Culture of Success
We are invested in our employees’ careers, and provide the support and incentives necessary to ensure everyone is set up for both short- and long-term success.
Principles mean something here. They are what set us apart from others. They are the reason we are successful today, and why we will be in the future. We live and breathe these principles every single day, and encourage everyone that joins our team to share our belief in their value – to our customers, and to each other.
An open and honest relationship is the only way to build trust. Transparency, fairness and respect are the cornerstones of our culture.
One of the many ways that Equiton is different is our entrepreneurial spirit. We are always looking for new opportunities and innovative ways to build wealth for our clients.
We take a hands-on approach to our investments, taking the time to do our homework, and fully understand everything about our assets and the markets in which they are located.
Every member of our team is dedicated to achieving excellence in everything we do. From the smallest details to major real estate investments, we are true professionals.
We’re stronger together, regularly sharing our years of experience and range of knowledge in a team environment in order to achieve better results for our clients.
Everything we do is driven by a simple goal: to deliver the best investment results possible for every single one of our clients.